Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking an Accounting Clerk for our Head Office in Vancouver, Canada.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing financial, accounting and administrative services. This includes Payroll, Accounts Payable and Job Costing, among others. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Ensure accuracy of Purchase Orders and vendor billings.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of cost reports and cash reports.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents.
- Ensure the confidentially and security of all financial and employee files.
- Reconcile vendor accounts.
- Assist Senior Accountant and Corporate Controller with month end procedures.
- Ensure accounting records are entered timely and accurately to enable timely financial closing processes.
- Prepare ITC monthly/quarterly claims.
- Prepare quarterly /yearly Workers Compensation Board reports.
- Perform other projects and duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- 2+ yrs related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Successful completion of a university degree or diploma in accounting.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Accounting Clerk in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.