Accounts Payable Clerk
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of an Accounts Payable Clerk. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1 hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and is expected to go into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
The role of Accounts Payable Clerk, reporting to the Mine Controller, offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our payments efficiency and outcomes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standards
- Verifying accuracy of invoices, Purchase orders and requisitions and other accounting documents
- Process invoices for payments
- Update and maintain accounting records
- Maintain accurate filing system
- Manages vendor inquiries
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements.
- Follow up on approvals, outstanding invoices and invoice discrepancies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or related office experience
- Accounts Payable experience is an preferred
- Experience in an industrial environment is an asset
- Organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meeting deadlines is required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Accounts Payable Clerk in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.