Chief Mine Engineer
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the Moose River Consolidated open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia. The mine began production in fall of 2017. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven candidate to fill the role of Chief Mine Engineer. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Report to the Mine Superintendent
- Supervise group of technical/professional employees in drill and blast and surveying
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Comply with provincial regulations
- Maintain long and short-term mine plans that make best use of ore reserve
- Provide guidance and coaching to weekly plans
- Improve mine design standards as necessary
- Ensure when new geological models are issued the mine designs are updated in a timely manner
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure plans and permits are aligned with mine plan
- Month End compilation
- Prepare annual budget and mine plan
- Work with required consultants for Life-of-Mine plans and Geotechnical work required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Abilities and Education:
- Degree in Mine Engineering with eligibility for P.Eng with Engineers of Nova Scotia
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in an open pit mine with strong knowledge of drill and blast
- Leadership experience
- Understanding of technical and operating processes relevant to mine planning and scheduling
- Proven commitment to health, safety and the environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Experience using GEMS, MineSite or Vulcan would be an asset
- Attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Chief Mine Engineer in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.