Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Cost Accountant. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The role of Cost Accountant offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our cost control efficiency and outcomes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standards
- Ensure strong communication within the company
- Prepare accounting journal entries
- GL accounts reconciliations
- Assist and perform period end closure
- Prepare cost reports
- Research, analyze and review accounting reports for detailed operational departmental cost
- Prepare analysis of variances budget to actual costs
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Maintain reviews and assist the compliance with Internal Controls.
- Prepare financial working papers for use by auditors
- Assist in establishing processes and procedures for controlling and monitoring operational costs.
- General assist for operation requirements including ad-hoc analysis, reports, modelling as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA Designation or working toward same
- 2-3 years of accounting experience is an asset
- Experience in an industrial environment is an asset
- Well organized, team player with a good work ethics
- Ability to work independently is a key skill
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem identification and solving capabilities
- Organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meeting deadlines is required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Cost Accountant in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified