Director of Finance
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Director, Finance for our Corporate Head office located in Vancouver British Columbia.
This role reports to the CFO. The Director of Finance acts as a strategic partner with the Moose River Mine, along with future projects and operations, to collect and provide financial information to meet the business reporting needs. The Director will be responsible for accurate timely reporting, project and operational budgeting along with treasury and debt management. This role will lead the preparation the Company’s financial model, strategic financial analysis and planning, the annual budget and the interim forecasts. The Director will also be responsible for the review of financial statements, select press releases and internal operational reports as prepared by the Corporate Controller and Mine Site Controller. The successful candidate will also be required to coach and develop their team for successful growth and career progression.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join the organization in Vancouver and make a significant impact while working with the executive leadership team to lead and guide excellence in Financial Reporting and budgeting for an organization that is well-positioned for future success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Finance is the ownership of the Company’s financial model, annual Budget and interim forecasts and to ensure they are delivered accurately and timely in accordance with the Company’s timelines and ensure their ongoing maintenance. The model requires integration with the Company’s Life of Mine model as well as being able to supply core outputs required for Strategic Business Planning. This person will be tasked to define and lead improvements in the reporting processes and general finance processes and to work with both the Mine Site Controller and Corporate Controller to ensure they also meet their reporting deadlines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote the corporate Health & Safety vision and ethical operations throughout their business dealings
- Lead the execution on the financial reporting, planning and forecasting for the organization
- Ownership and maintenance of the Company’s enterprise model
- Delivery of the annual Budget and interim forecasts
- Delivery of quarterly forecast update reports
- Treasury and debt management including analysis on optimal structures and principal repayments
- Fair value experience for financial reporting purposes
- Support the investor relations team with internal NAV conclusions for cross-referencing to analyst reports
- Coordinate the financial reporting in collaboration with the corporate office finance team and mine site finance team
- Liaising with department heads at the Moose River Consolidate Mine
- Champion high quality reporting from the finance team and from site to supply to the Company’s financial partners
- Review operational and project financial and variance analysis in support of, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting and other departments and stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and prepare IFRS filings for the TSX
- Work with and support the Corporate Controller with the timely preparation and filing of the consolidated financial statements, note disclosures, MD&A and board materials, legal entity financial statements
- Lead and collate the monthly financial reporting lender and stakeholder reporting
- Define and lead fit for purpose process improvements and coordinating the implementation of such changes with the global finance team and mine site controller;
- Remain abreast of the latest IFRS developments and reporting standards related to the mining industry
- Assist and coach subordinates and other team members on accounting, transactions, reorganizations and the preparation of financial reports as may be required.
- Willing to travel to site as required
- Develop new sustainable fit for purpose business processes that will meet the needs of the organization in a growth phase
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree, combined with a CPA designation
- At least 10 years of post-designation experience in mining with major, mid-tier and juniors
- Significant experience with financial modelling
- Experience with mining capital projects and mining operational reporting including Life of Mine
- Complex financial analysis skills with experience with in managing and reporting in IFRS, acquisitions, divestitures, and taxation, internal audit, SOX
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills, used for regulatory filings including financial statements, liaising with auditors, MD&A and board presentations
- Significant experience in dealing with executive and board level stakeholders
- Demonstrated success working with site location personnel and managing with a strong financial acumen
- Pro-active, self-motivated, solution-focused thinker, capable of leading others and delivering the work product as required in a lean environment
- Comfortable working in an adaptive and changing needs / deliverables environment with tight and moving deadlines with minimal supervision
- Willing to coach and mentor team members to create a highly effective team
- Experience working with technical specialists and business owners in a cross functional environment to work to the optimal business outcome
- Advanced Excel skills and extensive experience with ERP systems such as SAGE 300 and Microsoft Great Plains, as well as consolidation systems and implementations of larger ERP solutions like Oracle, SAP, Hyperion
- Canadian and cross-border tax experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Director, Finance in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.