Under the direction of a Shift Supervisor, the Dozer Operator is responsible for operating a Dozer to move ore or waste rock while shaping stockpiles and haul roads.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical activities associated with this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Inspect equipment at the beginning of every shift
- Report damage or malfunctions to vehicle immediately
- Conduct earthmoving operations
- Monitor instruments in dozer
- Conduct other earthworks as directed by supervisor
- Obey all driving rules on site
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Perform other duties to assist as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Training on Cat dozers preferred
- Extensive experience in operating similar equipment
- Ability to work 4x4 12 hour shift schedule or
- Ability to work Mon-Thur: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Fri: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Dozer Operator in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified