Electrical Maintenance General Foreman
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Electrical Maintenance General Foreman for our Mill. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Electrical Maintenance GF is responsible for leading the electrical maintenance team in addressing preventative and immediate maintenance issues to maintain optimal availability of the mill equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on the performance of our mill maintenance and reliability. For the professional who enjoys opportunities for innovation, project leadership and career growth Atlantic Gold presents a unique opportunity to join a top performing mining company at an early stage and to contribute to our ongoing success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a safety leader for safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Promote and foster company goals and objectives with all maintenance activities
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standards to all maintenance activities including SOPs for work permitting and LOTO
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being the top priority
- Effectively manage and work with diverse personalities
- Inspect and maintain equipment for proper performance and safety compliance
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions
- Ensure all electrical repair or installation is completed in a safe and timely fashion
- Liaise with Mill maintenance Planner and actively participate in planning and executing major shutdowns
- Liaise with purchasing to ensure an adequate stock of consumables are on hand and the required parts etc. for planned maintenance or installations are pre-ordered
- Encourage your team to discuss complex problems and develop solutions. Utilize continuous improvement and reliability centered maintenance techniques
- Supervise and develop your direct reports and ensure they are doing the same for their direct reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities including supervisors, electricians, instrument mechanics and process control engineers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- Red Seal Industrial Electrician
- Experience working in a mineral processing mill or similar heavy industrial setting
- Track record of managing successful teams
- Power distribution experience would be an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Electrical Maintenance General Foreman in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.