Exploration Administration Officer
Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking an Exploration Administration Officer for our Moose River Consolidated Mine based exploration team. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work continues to identify and define additional deposits in the province.
Reporting to the GM Exploration, the Exploration Administration Officer is responsible for management of the Company’s large Nova Scotia property holdings, ensuring security of title and compliance with all statutory requirements, particularly the Mining Act & Regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Tenement (Claim) Management
With a solid background of tenement management, you will:
- Establish a system to monitor critical tenement dates to ensure all statutory requirements of expenditure and reporting are met.
- Execute tenement applications, filing of assessment reports, application of assessment credits and all other procedural tasks of tenement management
- Manage reporting requirements of Property, Option and Joint Venture Agreements
- Oversee and provide guidance to the geological teams to ensure tenement compliance and obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Coach and mentor geologists and support staff to improve report writing and administrative duties associated with tenement management and compliance.
- Compile financial and other information required for Assessment Reports
- Provide input into appropriate budget allocations to meet tenement expenditure compliance.
- Develop and manage internal auditing and risk management functions aimed at tenement compliance.
- Work effectively in co-ordination with external legal & tenement management service providers.
Exploration Permitting Activities
Utilizing various informal or formal project management skills and tools, the successful candidate will:
- Develop a system which tracks the application process, critical dates for granted permits and required completion reporting.
- Liaise with project staff and other Company departments and consultants to ensure compliance with terms of applications & permits granted, including any necessary environmental rehabilitation.
- Assist other Exploration team members liaise with government agencies, statutory bodies, or Property Owners to secure necessary permits
Administration & Financial Management Support
- Establishing systems & procedures locally to assist strong financial management and reporting, particularly including control of purchasing and allocation of financial resources.
- Supervision of RFP from suppliers and contractors, Purchase Requisitions & Orders, Invoices, etc
- Coordination of all routine administration functions of a busy Exploration office
- Extensive knowledge of tenement management and experience working with Mineral Acts & Regulations, preferably in Nova Scotia.
- Candidates with knowledge of other Canadian jurisdictions will be considered
- Experience with NovaRoc is very desirable.
- High School Diploma or higher
- Knowledge of government legislation applicable to the exploration industry (Mining, Environmental, OHS, etc)
- Experience working with government or statutory bodies and private landowners to negotiate access agreements or permits
- Highly organized
- Extensive experience managing a budget
- Advanced MS Office Skills – particularly Excel
- Willing to be hands on.
- Team player
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Exploration Administration Officer in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified