Exploration Geology Administrative Assistant
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking qualified persons for the role of Administrative Assistant. These positions are based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour Northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. These Security roles offer an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our Security Team.
Reporting to the General Manager of Exploration, the Administrative Assistant will be a dynamic individual with advanced clerical, administrative, secretarial and business skills with the capacity to provide administrative support to the General Manager, other senior administration and geological personnel and a diverse technical and professional team.
- Provide secretarial & administrative support to General Manager
- Front-office contact as receptionist for visitors
- Coordinating meeting schedules, taking/distributing minutes, developing Action Lists & coordinating follow-up
- Provide liaison between Exploration Office and Exploration employees and Mine Services (Administration, HR, Payroll)
- Compile Weekly Exploration Report from Field Reports
- Participate in compilation and updating of Exploration Procedures Manual and distribution of Corporate reference lists, procedure manuals and HSE documentation.
- Assist with preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Design MS Word or Adobe PDF forms
- Maintain Exploration Administration Filing System
- Manage all day-to-day administrative & support functions
- Coordinate daily employee tracking as part of field safety management plan
- Collation Weekly & Bi-weekly employee timesheets
- Co-ordinate On-Boarding of new employees with HR, Safety & Security Departments
- Maintain appropriate supply of office supplies and functionality of office equipment, coordinating IT support as required
- Complete photocopying & report compilation as required
- Manage E-mail distribution & Contact lists
- Create & enter data into MS Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions as requested, monitor fulfillment of Purchase Orders
- Track expenditures & assist with preparation of month-end accruals
- Compilation of expense accounts & back-up processing
- Manage Petty Cash
- Process cheque requisitions
- Occasional requirement to run errands in HRM (banking, delivery documents to government agencies, purchase office supplies, etc.)
- Successful completion of a business or office administration program
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an administrative or secretarial role, preferably in a technical, construction or engineering environment
- Excellent typing skills, with very strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience collating timesheets, preparing expense reports, preparing/tracking purchase orders/deliveries (SAGE experience useful)
- “Tech savvy”, with advanced technology skills utilizing computers and cell phone technology and various business applications for communication and information management
- Mature, professional, self-motivated, energetic individual with good interpersonal skills able to confidently communicate with staff and contractors both verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in an ever-changing fast paced, sometimes stressful, yet friendly and casual environment
- Extremely well organized, can work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in a team environment, to prioritize a heavy workload to achieve objectives in a timely manner to support technical and professional staff
- Detail oriented, with a high regard for quality, the ability to work quickly and accurately and an ability to problem solve and devise new solutions to changing situations
- Informal construction-style trailer offices located at historic Moose River Gold Mines, 97km (1hr-20min) east of Halifax, approximately 20 minutes from Middle Musquodoboit, NS
- Hours of work: 0800-1630, Monday-Thursday, 0800-1500 Friday (42.5hrs/week)
- Steel-capped work boots are a requirement for occasional site use; any other PPE supplied
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Exploration Administrative Assistant in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.