Field Geologist (6 month Contract)
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of an Field Geologist. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1 hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and is expected to go into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
The role of Field Geologist, reporting to the Mine Controller, offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our payments efficiency and outcomes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a visible safety leader in the field
- Develop and improve safety processes in the field
- Ensure all company H&S policies are followed
- Attend daily toolbox talks and ensure proper communication to the Mine Geologists and Production Foremen
- Supervise the Drilling Contractor and ensure compliance with the company EH&S procedures
- Ensure highest quality of Grade Control sampling as outlines with the Geology procedures
- Follow all internal QAQC processes
- Pit mapping
- Geotechnical monitoring and data acquisition
- Ensure minimal ore dilution / ore loss is achieved through continuous monitoring of ore movement and communication with the production crews
- Assist the Exploration team with field duties
- Core logging
- Perform other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a B.Sc. in Geology or a related field of studies
- The candidate must have strong organizational skills
- Experience with Mine Software packages is an advantage
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Driver’s license Class 5
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Field Geologist in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.