Fuel and Lube Technicians
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently are seeking an experienced, Fuel and Lubrication Technician. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and has been in production since fall 2017.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Fuel and Lubrication Technician is responsible for the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintains and reviews fuel and lubrication reports and service reports
- Performs fuel, oil, lube and filter service on all assigned equipment
- Inspects equipment conditions (wear, alignment, function, etc.)
- Reports equipment conditions to appropriate personnel as required
- Ensures that all equipment lube tasks are performed accurately to the manufacturer standards
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
- Apply general failure analysis and procedures to determine proper diagnosis
- Other duties as assigned
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and outside weather conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Computer Skills: Ability to use vendor software and literature to look up specifications and standards
- Analytical Skills: Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving Skills: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service Skills: Responds promptly to maintenance and operations needs
- Oral and Written Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly and informatively
- Teamwork Skills: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Planning/Organizing Skills: Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner
- Safety: Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A Valid Driver’s License and Clean driving record
- Certified to operate a forklift and/or manlift an asset
- May be required to complete respirator certification
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Registered as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice an asset
- Class three or higher driver’s license or willing to obtain
Please Note: No FIFO conditions are available for this mine.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Lube Tech in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.