Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking Geological Technicians for our Moose River Consolidated Mine based exploration team. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work continues to identify and define additional deposits in the province.
Reporting to the Field Support Coordinator and Project Geologist, Geological Technicians will participate in the expansion of exploration activities and work collaboratively with other team members to progress the evaluation of the many exploration targets and resources under development by Atlantic Gold Corporation throughout Nova Scotia. The Exploration department has a substantial diamond drill program underway which will soon be expanded. These positions will initially be 4 – 6-month contract roles, with a possibility of extension or permanent appointment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Duties will include working at the company’s Moose River core facility and in the field at nearby exploration sites:
- Process and record geological properties of drill core located in the core facility
- Assist with core sampling and perform other duties as assigned in the core facility
- Fulfill field duties which may include: assist geologists with drill supervision, site preparation, core processing, coordinate various field sampling programs, geophysical surveying
Required Knowledge, Skills Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Geological Technician or Field Assistant an asset
- Knowledge of field exploration conditions and experience working in remote bush areas
- Possess technical geological training experience
- Familiarity with hand held GPS, Magnetic Susceptibility or ground magnetometer Instruments
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite products (Excel) required for data entry
- First Aid – WHIMIS certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Transportation to/from Moose River Gold Mines, NS
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and potentially some night shifts
- Work effectively in difficult field conditions with exposure to weather elements and insects
- Ability to lift core boxes and samples up to 20 kgs
- Available to commence work in mid-August, 2018
- Available to work days, evenings and overnights
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. Please Note: There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine; the Company does not provide accommodation or transportation to/from Moose River. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates should submit their application BEFORE August 3rd to HR@atlanticgoldcorporation.com specifying “Geological Technician-Exploration” in the subject line. They must include their resume, a copy of academic records and training certificates, their date of availability and a current telephone number and email address.
Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply. Interviews will commence at the end of July for positions to commence mid-August.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified