Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking two Graduate Geologists for our Moose River Consolidated Mine based exploration team. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work continues to identify and define additional deposits in the province.
Reporting to the Senior Project Geologist, Graduate Geologists will participate in expanding exploration activities and work collaboratively with other team members to progress the evaluation of the many exploration targets and resources under development by Atlantic Gold Corporation throughout Nova Scotia. The Exploration department has a substantial diamond drill program underway which will soon be expanded. These positions will initially be 4 – 6-month contract roles, with a possibility of extension or permanent appointment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Log diamond drill core at Moose River Gold Mines exploration core facility
- Participate in field supervision of daily drilling activities
- Diligently Record & Compile geological data under the supervision of Project Geologists
- Execute required field work to evaluate targets in accordance with Company exploration objectives and procedures
- Promote the Company’s safety and environmental management philosophy
- BSc (Geology) or equivalent degree
- Minimum 2 Years Mineral Exploration Experience, preferably in orogenic gold environments
- Registration with, or eligible to register with Geoscientists Nova Scotia as a Professional Geologist or Geoscientist-In-Training
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite products
- Familiarity with GIS Software (QGIS, MapInfo/Discover, ARCGis), e-Logging Software (LogChief), DBase Software (MS Access, DataShed)
- First Aid – WHIMIS certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Transportation to/from Moose River Gold Mines, NS
- Work effectively in difficult field conditions with exposure to weather elements and insects
- Available to start work in mid-August 2018
- Available to work days, evenings and overnights
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. Please Note: There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine; the Company does not provide accommodation or transportation to/from Moose River. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates should submit their application BEFORE August 3rd to HR@atlanticgoldcorporation.com specifying “Graduate Geologist-Exploration” in the subject line. They must include their resume, a copy of their academic transcript (unofficial will be sufficient) showing courses/degree obtained and a cover email stating your future career goals and why you should be considered a suitable candidate (<150 words), their date of availability and a current telephone number and email address.
Previous applicants are encouraged to reapply. Interviews will commence at the end of July for positions to commence mid-August.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.