Atlantic Gold Corporation is currently increasing our mobile maintenance team and are seeking a Heavy-Duty Mechanic that will be based at the Moose River Consolidated Mine. Join us and work at one of the best new mines in North America.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy-Duty Mechanic is responsible for regular maintenance and repair for various pieces of heavy equipment, including but not limited to backhoes, bulldozers, excavators, graders, loaders, rollers, and off-road trucks. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems;
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications;
- Help prevent breakdowns by checking, cleaning, and oiling machine parts regularly;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience
- HD Mechanic requires Red Seal or Journeymen Status in Heavy Equipment Repair, along with previous experience in a mining / construction environment.
- Basic hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical skills;
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering specifications;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills. Must utilize strong presentation and facilitation skills. Tactful and mature demeanor.
- Able to use a computer effectively. Specific software- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Heavy-Duty Mechanic in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified