Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently assembling our key mine operations team and are seeking an experienced tradesperson, to fill the role of Heavy Equipment Mechanic. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and began production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for regular maintenance and repair to all mining equipment including: ‘on-and-off’ highway trucks, excavators, loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, light plants, water pumps and light vehicles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a visible safety leader
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Inspect and maintain equipment for proper performance and safety compliance
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Maintain and analyze predictive maintenance data
- Protect the interest of the company in all matters and take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Red Seal Certification in Heavy Equipment preferred or Bus & Truck repair
- Previous experience in mining / construction environment an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical faults using schematics
- Committed to Continuous Improvement and Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Able to determine and document Root Cause of Failure
- Prepared to discuss complex problems and solutions in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to use a computer effectively
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be maintaining equipment and objects in the field and mechanic shop, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, and Steel Toe Boots to minimize risk on the worksite.
Please Note: No FIFO conditions are available for this mine.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Heavy Equipment Mechanic in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.