Heavy Duty Mechanic
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently assembling our key Mill operations team and are seeking an experienced and qualified leader to fill the role of Heavy Duty Mechanic. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and is expected to go into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for regular maintenance and repair to all mining equipment including; on and off-highway trucks, excavators, loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, light plants, water pumps, and light vehicles.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and maintain equipment for proper performance and safety compliance;
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment;
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts, components or systems;
- Maintain and analyze predictive maintenance data;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with HSEQ policies and procedures;
- Protect the interest of the company in all matters and take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience
- Red Seal status in Heavy Equipment and/or Bus & Truck repair;
- Previous experience in mining / construction or dealership environment an asset;
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical faults using schematics;
- Committed to Continuous Improvement and Reliability Centered Maintenance;
- Able to determine and document Root Cause of Failure;
- Prepared to discuss complex problems and solutions in a team environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Able to use a computer effectively.
Working Conditions:The Heavy Equipment Mechanic has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, and Steel Toe Boots to minimize risk on the worksite
There are no FIFO arrangements available for this site.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Heavy Duty Mechanic in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.