Human Resources Generalist
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Human Resources Generalist. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Mine Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting a variety of departments across the spectrum of HR issues including recruiting, performance management, talent management, employee relations, compensation, NS Labour Act compliance etc.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on the performance of our workforce. For the professional who enjoys hands on HR with exposure across the business as well as opportunities for career growth Atlantic Gold presents a unique opportunity to join a top performing mining company at an early stage and to contribute to our ongoing success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Lead recruitment efforts for all non-executive site-based roles
- Ensure new hires are effectively onboarded (benefits, site orientation, payroll etc.)
- Track and report on open roles and any challenges in filling roles
- Partner with people managers to resolve employee relations issues or discipline issue.
- Maintain an up to date copy of company policies and ensure changes are communicated
- Liaise with First Nations resource centres and create positive partnerships to enable recruitment activities
- Advise people managers on the requirements of the Nova Scotia Labour Standards Act
- Develop training programs as required
- Coordinate with department heads to ensure staffing requirements are understood and planned for
- Resolve employee issues regarding pay, benefits, leaves of absence etc.
- Coordinate with the Health and Safety lead to ensure employees receive required training as part of onboarding and that any near misses or lost time incidents are promptly and properly reported to the corporate office and to the applicable Provincial authority
- Plan and lead annual internship program in collaboration with department leads
- Keep abreast of current trends and best practices related to HR share this knowledge to support process improvements
- Assist with the design of custom and ad-hoc reports to support fact-based decision making
- Design and generate corporate and global reports and analytics
- Develop an effective approach to managing, monitoring and measuring the performance of the Human Resource processes and procedures
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Strong personal commitment to safety
- Bachelor’s degree, combined with a CPHR designation (or working toward it)
- Experience in mining, natural resources or heavy industry an asset
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated, solution-focused thinker
- Track record of success working with front line leaders to develop progressive solutions to talent issues
- Detailed knowledge of the Nova Scotia Employment Standards Code
- Advanced MS Office skills (Especially Excel skills)
- Works well under pressure, change and ambiguity
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct
- Works on improving own knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Deals with situations in an open, objective, and flexible manner
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Human Resources Generalist in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.