Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking Instrumentation Mechanics for our Moose River Consolidated Mine based Mill Maintenance team. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work continues to identify and define additional deposits in the province.
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance General Foreman, the Instrumentation Mechanic is responsible for regular maintenance and repair to all mill equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a visible safety leader
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Promote & foster Company goals & objectives with all maintenance activities
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standards to all maintenance activities
- Inspect and maintain equipment for proper performance and safety compliance
- Test and calibrate all types of process transmitters
- Repair, test and setup automatic valves
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out in timely manner
- Provide input to develop safe work procedures
- Work with operations to optimize plant systems
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Red Seal status
- Previous experience in a mineral processing Mill, manufacturing plant or similar industrial setting is an asset
- Committed to Continuous Improvement and Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Able to determine and document Root Cause of Failure
- Prepared to discuss complex problems and solutions in a team environment
- Able to use a computer effectively – automated maintenance programs and Microsoft Office
The Instrument Mechanic has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing equipment and objects in all areas of the plant, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, and Steel Toe Boots to minimize risk on the worksite.
- Available to work days, evenings and overnights
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. Please Note: There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine; the Company does not provide accommodation or transportation to/from Moose River. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates should submit their application to HR@atlanticgoldcorporation.com specifying “Instrumentation Mechanic” in the subject line. They must include their resume, a copy of training certificates, their date of availability and a current telephone number and email address.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.