Inventory Buyer (Contract)
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of an Inventory Buyer (Contract). This 6 month contract position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The role of an Inventory Buyer (Contract) offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our procurement efficiency and outcomes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standardsIdentify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Manage replenishment of Inventory deemed critical for mill operations via the re-order report in the current ERP System.
- Develop and finalize fixed pricing agreements with various vendors to achieve automation of the quotation acquisition process when ordering stock items. This will be commodity based and driven by previously identified urgency of direct mill requirements from both maintenance and operations teams.
- Maintain an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
- Work with the supply chain management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
- Effectively expedite high priority orders
- Establish an active role in developing pertinent reporting mechanisms within the ERP system to adequately quantify inventory ordering trends and relevant KPIs
- Ensure strong communication within the company
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills Minimum of five years of experience in contract management, negotiation, execution and management of fixed price agreements.
- Minimum of five years of experience in supply chain management, preferably in inventory and procurement.
- SCMP designation preferred
- SAGE experience or equivalent an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and influence change across a variety of working environments.
- Exposure working in remote locations is highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently but closely aligned with team’s goals and objectives
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting INVENTORY BUYER (6 Month Contract) in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.