Mill Mechanical Maintenance General Foreman
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Mill Mechanical Maintenance General Foreman. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
This role of offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on the mechanical reliability of our fixed plant and overall mine production. For the professional who enjoys opportunities for innovation, project leadership and career growth Atlantic Gold presents a unique opportunity to join a top performing mining company at an early stage and to contribute to our ongoing success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a safety Leader
- Manage 2 Mechanical Maintenance Shift Supervisors directly and their crews indirectly
- Planning work priorities for both day shift and night shift millwrights in conjunction with the operations team.
- The ability to facilitate the development, implementation and continuous improvement of our Standard Operating Procedures by educating, training, monitoring, and proactively coaching team members.
- Participating in the development of the department budget and long-term budgeting and planning.
- Identifying potential causes of accidents, completing safety / housekeeping inspections, and resolving individual and team issues.
- Promoting mutual collaboration with operational personnel is an important consideration of this position.
- Accountable for the reliability and timely repair of all mechanical equipment in the mill area internal and external, including, identification of root cause and implementation of corrective action to continuously improve
- Manage and lead scheduled shut downs while developing a preventative maintenance culture within the team.
- Development of area maintenance systems, procedure development, Preventative Maintenance development and condition-based maintenance.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Previous experience in mining or other heavy industry (Pulp & Paper or manufacturing)
- Experience leading a mechanical maintenance department
- Demonstrated knowledge of team processes and the ability to model, encourage and influence team behavior and decision making
- Red Seal Journeyman Millwright or Mechanical Engineer
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Able to organize, set priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office and familiarity of maintenance planning software required
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Mill Mechanical Maintenance General Foreman in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.