Mill Operations: Labourer
Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking a Mill Labourer for our Moose River Consolidated Mine based exploration team. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017.
Reporting to the Mill Operations General Foreman, and under the supervision of the Mill Operations Shift Supervisor, the Mill Labourer is responsible for performing heavy manual labour duties to assist in the preparation of gold milling, maintenance and mill operations support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Site clean-up, housekeeping and/or demolition
- Manual shoveling around mill crusher and other mill locations
- Equipment clean-up
- Pipe laying
- Pump monitoring
- Hose installation and maintenance
- Silt fence installation
- Small equipment operation
- Awareness of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibility
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties to assist as assigned
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Transportation to/from Moose River Gold Mines, NS
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed
- Well versed in industrial or mill site protocols, rules and code of conduct is an asset
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
The Mill Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job and will be lifting, pulling and managing equipment and objects; requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment to minimize risk on the worksite. Working safely is a condition of employment. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
- Available to work days, evenings and overnights
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. Please Note: There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine; the Company does not provide accommodation or transportation to/from Moose River. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates should submit their application to HR@atlanticgoldcorporation.com specifying “Mill Operations Labourer” in the subject line. They must include their resume, a copy of applicable academic records and training certificates, their date of availability and a current telephone number and email address.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.