Mill Operations Labourers
Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently are seeking Mill Operations Labourers. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and has been in production since fall 2017.
Reporting to the Mill Operations General Foreman, and under the supervision of the Mill Operations Shift Supervisor, the Mill Operations Labourer is responsible for performing manual labour duties to assist in the preparation of gold milling, maintenance and mill operations support.
Mill Operations Labourers earn a competitive wage of $20.00 hourly with room for training and advancement and are eligible to participate in group health and financial benefit programs after successful completion of the 3 month probationary period.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a visible Safety Leader
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Perform site clean-up, housekeeping and/or demolition
- Manual shoveling around mill crusher and other mill locations
- Equipment clean-up
- Pipe laying
- Pump monitoring
- Hose installation and maintenance
- Silt fence installation
- Operate small equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures by using the appropriate tools and equipment for each task
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibility
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Provide own transportation to/from Moose River Gold Mines, NS
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed
- Well versed in industrial or mill site protocols, rules and code of conduct is an asset
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
The Mill Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job and will be lifting, pulling and managing equipment and objects; requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment to minimize risk on the worksite. Working safely is a condition of employment. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
- Available to work days, evenings and overnights
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
How to apply:
Atlantic Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your email application.
Please Note: There is not a Fly-in – Fly-out roster; the Company does not provide accommodation or transportation to/from Moose River.
Interested candidates should submit their application to HR@atlanticgoldcorporation.com specifying “Mill Operations Labourer” in the subject line. They must include their resume, a copy of applicable academic records and training certificates, their date of availability and a current telephone number and email address.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.