Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently assembling our key Mill operations team and are seeking an experienced and qualified leader to fill the role of Mill Manager. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The project is fully funded and permitted and is expected to go into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
The role of Mill Manager offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader to join the organization and make a significant impact on processing plant operations and to bring the plant into operation.
You are a results-oriented leader with a track-record of success in commissioning and running mineral processing plants in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. You possess a solid reputation and a minimum of 5+ years implementing projects or transformations in a mining context. You have demonstrated your ability to build a team and, coach them to success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Fully supports the location health, safety, environmental and quality (HSEQ) programs by assisting in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement and setting the example for your team and targeting zero lost time accidents for Atlantic Gold Corporation employees and contractors
- Act as a key member of a strong operating team to bring the mine into production.
- Design and implement commissioning protocol ensuring the plant is brought online on time and on budget while ensuring it is optimised for ongoing operations.
- Directs subordinate supervisors, and through them their staff, ensuring their professional development, managing their performance in accordance with established objectives and responsibilities, coordinating location goals with Company strategic plans and delegating authority as required.
- Ensures optimal operation of the processing plant to obtain maximum gold recovery.
- Supervises and manages the tailings discharge and Tailings Management Facility (TMF).
- Lead and Interpret site processing data and laboratory results.
- Develop metallurgical metal, mass and water balances.
- Working closely with the engineering ﬁrm to optimize plant design to eliminate hazards, ensure regulatory compliance and timely delivery of the required engineering work to achieve the on time on budget commissioning of the plant.
- Ensure compliance with the international cyanide code.
- Supervising processing team and external resources.
- Providing coordination and planning between AGC Mill operations, internal and external resources.
- Ensure project priorities are idenﬁed and that schedule deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure key project risks and opportunies are idenﬁed and that mitigation plans are developed accordingly.
- Coordinates activities with outside contractors and suppliers and consults with cost control and purchasing personnel to assure cost-effective purchase of goods and services.
- Conducts investigations to resolve or effect settlement of problems, liaises with human resources for advice and counsel. Prepares reports and annual budget for the plant.
- Makes presentations to Executive Management, employees and the general public.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Strong Safety focus
- Coaching and mentoring/ develop team members (technical, leadership, interpersonal)
- Skilled communicator able to interact with frontline to executive level
- Build relationships with peers and other stakeholders to accomplish work goals
- Technical knowledge of metallurgy including SAG Mill and CIL operations
- Project Management
- Financial Acumen – budget preparation and oversight
- Familiarity with the operation of mineral processing equipment like crushers, conveyors, screens, cyclones, pumps, flotation cells, process agitators, air compressors, etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related and relevant Engineering discipline like Mining, Metallurgy or Chemical combined with extensive General Management experience.
- Candidates should have an advanced level of understanding of Mineralogy, Mining and Mine planning along with Metallurgy and Tailings management
- Track record of success in commissioning mineral processing plants.
- Track record of success in operating all aspects of mineral processing plants
There are no FIFO arrangements available for this site.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Mill Manager in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.