Mine Engineering EIT
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2Mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Mine Engineering EIT. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1 hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Chief Mine Engineer, the Mine Engineering EIT will be responsible for supporting mine production and planning including drlling and blasting, survey, short range planning and optimization studies, and assist the mine operations department to safely and efficiently extract ore from the Touquoy open pit mine. The successful candidate must be able to build and maintain relationships and interact with all staff.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization in a junior position and make a significant impact on the Mine Engineering department at the Tuoquoy mine site and other future Atlantic Gold project sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Fully support Atlantic Gold’s health, safety, environmental and quality control programs by assisting in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement.
- Support drilling and blasting operations via technical field work
- Complete operational inspections and reports
- Support survey tasks and other data gathering field work
- Compile production statistics for shifts, daily and weekly results
- Aid in the development of short term mine design, scheduling, reconciliation and month end and other reporting as required
- Work independently on tasks and be able to operate light vehicles in operational areas
- Complete other mine engineering duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited Engineering program applicable to Open Pit Mining
- Ability to enroll as an EIT with Engineers Nova Scotia
- Ability to work on tasks with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Exposure or experience with CAD software for mining or civil engineering in 3D
- Experience working in an industrial setting
- Track record of successful teamwork
- Valid class 5 drivers license
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting EIT in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.