Mine Financial Reporting Manager
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Mine Financial Reporting Manager. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Mine Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for preparing site financial reporting, development of site business processes and related integration with its accounting systems, analysis to support operational decision making, supporting operating departments, coordinating financial reporting activities, supervising accounts payable and payroll processing
This role of offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our financial reporting efficiency and outcomes. For the professional who enjoys opportunities for innovation, project leadership and career growth Atlantic Gold presents a unique opportunity to join a top performing mining company at an early stage and to contribute to our ongoing success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Be a safety leader for safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist with operational financial activities
- Lead the development of business processes in respect of financial reporting and the related integration with the Company’s accounting systems
- Responsible for Accounting and Ops Reporting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounting Information Technologies
- Oversee Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate processing and payments
- Oversee Payroll functions to ensure timely and accurate salary and hourly employee payments
- Ensures adequate internal control functions
- Ensures that solid lines of communication are maintained with on site departments and corporate office
- Assists in establishing processes and procedures for controlling and monitoring operational costs and provide the necessary reports
- Supervise monthly accounting activities
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting records
- Review and post month/quarter and year end journal entries to ensure that correct cost centers, general accounts and categories are used, accuracy and completeness of the journal entries
- Review and validate site cost reports to for any material misstatements
- Issue the final site cost reports to the operation management according to agreed month end deadlines
- Preparation of internal monthly management report with budget to actual variance explanations
- Preparation of the final reporting package to the Corporate office
- Review monthly assigned GL account reconciliations
- Assist in a year-end audit and quarterly review with external auditors
- General assistance for operational requirements including ad-hoc analysis, reports or modelling as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA Designation
- 6+ years of accounting experience is an asset
- Experience in the mining industry strongly preferred
- Well organized, team player with a good work ethics
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem identification and solving capabilities
- Organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meeting deadlines is required
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Mine Financial Reporting Manager in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified