Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2Mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Surveyor. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1 hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Chief Mine Engineer, the Mine Surveyor is responsible for accurate measurements which assist the mine engineering department develop maps and plans for our open pit mine and provide support to Mine Operations. Additionally, the mine surveyor will also support the environmental department and the processing plant as needed.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on the Mine Engineering department at the Tuoquoy mine site and other future Atlantic Gold project sites.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Conduct all work as per established policies and procedures for Atlantic Gold
- Create and update maps and plans to aid the Mine Engineering department in creating daily and 3 month and Life of Mine plans
- Perform regular daily and monthly routines of duties which satisfies all mine department requirements with respect to mine planning and operations and end of period reporting
- Conduct surface surveys as well as all aerial drone surveys
- Assist in maintaining the TMF (Tailings Management Facility) by providing survey control points/grade profiles
- Maintain and update site plan layout which will include buildings and other structures, as well as surveying the mine workings to keep a record of the mine operations
- Oversee stockpile reconciliation by keeping weekly survey updates of stockpiles onsite, calculating volumes and reporting discrepancies
- Prepare daily face positions and muck pile pick-ups and ensure the mine plan is being followed as per the engineered design
- Update machine mounted GPS with current data profiles and ensuring the system is maintained and operating properly
- Maintain accurate records of data through a file naming system to ensure data is easily accessible and accounted
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Complete other mine engineering duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Completed formal education in Surveying
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- Experience working in a production mining setting considered an asset
- Track record of successful teamwork
- Experience with Trimble Access Field Software an asset
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre software an asset
- Class 5 drivers license
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Surveyor in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.