Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking a Mobile Maintenance Supervisor for our Moose River Consolidated Mine. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living near a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
Reporting to the Mine Manager, the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the scheduled maintenance and required repairs for the mine’s mobile fleet (heavy and light) and achieving optimal up time in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Fully supports the site health, safety and quality programs by participating in and supporting their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with Corporate programs to target zero lost time accidents for employees and contractors.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the schedules for the regular maintenance of the Company’s vehicle fleet (heavy and light duty) and for safety inspections.
- Ensure that staff and equipment levels in the maintenance facilities are adequate and that there is adequate supervision
- Direct maintenance team and ensure all repairs within the shop and field are being done in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- Prepare reports and makes recommendations for improving processes.
- Liaise with operations team to ensure that equipment downtime is lessened through effective utilization of the maintenance facilities and that there is proper planning for downtime scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring direct reports are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe and timely manner
- Manage the total maintenance and repair agreements
- Maintains good relationships with vendors and ensures all costs are kept to a minimum
- Audits all invoices to ensure amounts are correct
- Oversee and implement safe work procedures to ensure the safe operation of the maintenance facilities and field repairs.
- Manages the use and inventories of all spare parts, supplies and equipment
- Oversees the purchasing of parts and supplies using the established purchasing system
- Prepare the annual maintenance budget
- Communicate with the operations team regarding the status of downed equipment and the status of planned maintenance
- When necessary carry out repairs or maintenance work on mining equipment
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities
- Utilise the service manager model of our ERP Sage to administer all aspects of the maintenance program
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Strong Safety focus
- Coaching and mentoring/ develop team members (technical, leadership, interpersonal)
- Skilled communicator able to interact with frontline to executive level
- Collaborative and able to build strong working relationships with peers and other members of the mine management team
- Deep technical knowledge of heavy and light equipment.
- Financial Acumen – budget preparation and oversight.
- Maintenance scheduling and a understanding of the impact of vehicle downtime on the economic performance of the mine.
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Extensive experience managing a mobile maintenance team
- Experience managing vendors
- Knowledge of ERP systems and maintenance software, preferably Sage.
- Knowledgeable about spare parts inventory management
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Mobile Maintenance Supervisor in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.