Part-Time Contract - GIS Tech
Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and are seeking a part-time contract GIS Tech for our Moose River Consolidated Mine. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living near a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Project Geologist the Contract GIS Technician is responsible for assisting with the management of spatial data (geographic, geological, environmental), manipulate GIS layers and produce cartographic maps, geological maps & drill sections.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assist with management of spatial data (geographic, geological, environmental)
- Manipulate GIS layers and produce cartographic maps geological maps & drill sections;
- Prepare/draft drawings, illustrations, figures and maps for geological reports
- Train & mentor geological & technical staff in the use of GIS software.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Proficient use of MapInfo/Discover is mandatory.
- Advanced proficiency in appropriate Drafting/Cartographic software for preparation of drawings, illustrations, figures and maps for technical reports, corporate documents, investor relations documents, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, liaise with multiple stakeholders, balance priorities under tight deadlines
- Have excellent organizational, time management and inter-personal communication skills
- Technical Diploma or Degree in Science, Geology preferred but not essential), or related fields geography, environmental science or other natural resources specialty
- 4 years of related experience
- High-level expertise with MS Office Suite products
- Ability to quickly grasp and communicate technical information to non-specialist colleagues and basic-level GIS-users
Note: This is a part-time position with hours expected to be in the range of 12-25 per week on average. Initially the role will be located at the Moose River Consolidated Mine with the possibility of flexible work conditions in the future.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Part-Time Contract - GIS Tech in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified