Process Control Engineer
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Process Control Engineer.
This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, the Process Control Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, programming, tuning and optimizing controls for the process plant. This includes, but is not limited to electrical, system controls, automation and aspects of instrumentation.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of tasks and expertise and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Active member to ensure team & departmental compliance with safety, environmental and operational standards and policy.
- Demonstrate safe work practices while enforcing procedures and positive reinforcement.
- Identify and suggest improvements to increase the safe production performance of the Moose River Processing Plant.
- Ensure gold recovery targets are met or exceeded in a safe and efficient manner by analyzing, developing & optimizing production KPIs and providing systems by which these parameters can be monitored by the process operations team.
- Communicate effectively with operation, technical and maintenance departments regarding optimizing availability, utilization and production.
- Improve plant performance through new technologies and implementation.
- Support start-up troubleshooting of various circuits to reach a timely and safe process plant ramp up.
- Work with EPCM on initial programming to ensure Atlantic Gold’s operating philosophies and goals are met.
- Develop a thorough system maintenance program based on equipment and operational needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in electrical, controls, or computer engineering.
- Experience in a Process Control role.
- Programming capabilities with the following systems: Electric Citect SCADA
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix/Micrologix
- Schneider Electric Modicon M580/M340
- Schneider Electric Magelis
- Schneider Electric ConnXium
- OSIsoft PI System
- Ability to program and setup HMI software.
- Exposure to system security for process control networks.
- Software skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Exposure to databases and experience with process operating data management software would be highly regarded.
- Mineral processing experience considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a systematic approach to problems solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring a safe working environment.
- Wear personal protective equipment including steel toe shoes, long sleeved shirts, or any other equipment to perform duties safely as required by the Health and Safety plan.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Work day shift, 4 days x 12 hours working followed by 4 days of rest. Potential for call-outs requesting technical support during evenings/nights.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Process Control Engineer in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.