Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Project Manager. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Project Manager is responsible for medium to large scale projects at our Open Pit Mine and gold milling sites. The successful candidate will have accountability for project scope, deliverables, cost, schedule, quality and resources. The Project Manager will work closely with vendors, contractors, and internal resources to oversee project work and manage constraints, provide guidance, direction and coaching to the staff directly involved on projects.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on the continued and future development of projects at the Tuoquoy mine site and other Atlantic Gold project sites. For the professional who enjoys opportunities for innovation, project leadership and career growth Atlantic Gold presents a unique opportunity to join a top performing mining company at an early stage and to contribute to our ongoing success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provide leadership and manage onsite activities to successfully deliver project objectives
- Responsible for developing project management plans including detailed budgets
- Develop business cases including NPV and IRR calculations
- Ensure all projects and assigned tasks are delivered in a safe environment
- Provide overall on-site management and manpower management including owners and contractor teams, as well as vendors representatives and support personnel
- Manage the overall construction in accordance with the project plan
- Assist site services team in maintenance issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- 10 years of building construction experience
- Able to navigate multiple projects in different stages
- Proficient in reading IFC drawings
- Understanding the project development process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- Experience working in a mineral processing mill or similar heavy industrial setting
- Track record of managing successful civil projects
- Engineering degree preferably in civil or structural
- PMP designation an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Project Manager in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.