Atlantic Gold Corporation is currently assembling our security team and are seeking security officers that will be based at the Moose River Consolidated Mine. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
Reporting to the Security Supervisor, the Security Officer is responsible for enforcing the security policy and procedures for the Corporation. This also includes the security of the employees and the physical security of the infrastructure, equipment, supplies and bullion. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Access Control Procedures
- Enforces company policies & procedures
- Performs frequent patrols of the property either by foot or vehicle
- Conducts surveillance of locations or areas
- Responds to emergency situations
- Participates in Corporate and Safety training/exercises
- Collaborates with police, medical and fire in the event of an emergency situation
- Performs other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Be computer proficient
- Pass a background check including credit, criminal record, driver’s abstract
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid First-Aid/CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and multi-task is required
- Ability to generate shift logs, incident reports and access control logs
- Previous law enforcement, military or security experience is considered an asset
- Available to work days & evenings
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Security Officer in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.