Atlantic Gold Corporation Security Transportation Officers
Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking qualified persons for the role of Security Officer/Transportation Officer. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour Northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
The role of Security/Transportation Officer offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our Security Team.
Reporting to the Security Supervisor, the Security Transportation Officer is responsible for the safe operation of the staff 29 pax shuttle service. While not employed in this role, the candidate will be responsible for enforcing the security policy and procedures for the Corporation. This also includes the security of the employees and the physical security of the infrastructure, equipment, supplies and bullion.
This position assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by Atlantic Gold Corporation, including but not limited to Criminal Records check (CPIC), credit reference background check, minimum age and education (High School or earned GED). Preference is given to those with a proven background in security, law enforcement, corrections or transportation industry and/or possession of a valid Class 2 NS Driver’s License and clean driving abstract.
Atlantic Gold Corporation Security Transportation Officers will gain the competitive wage of $19.00 per hour and be eligible for group health and financial benefits package.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Check & visually inspect vehicle for pre-trip, maintain inspection logs
- Operate vehicle utilizing sound defensive driving techniques while following traffic laws at all times
- Assess & monitor vehicle operating conditions & report issues
- Monitor behavior of passengers, respond to medical emergencies that occur while in the performance of your duties
- Conduct post operation procedures
- Ensure bus is clean, operational and fueled
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Access Control Procedures
- Enforces company policies & procedures
- Performs frequent patrols of the property either by foot or vehicle
- Conducts surveillance (CCTV) of locations or areas
- Responds to emergency situations
- Participates in Corporate and Safety training/exercises
- Collaborates with police, medical and fire in the event of an emergency situation
- Performs other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Be computer proficient
- Clean drivers abstract
- Valid First-Aid/CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and multi-task is required
- Ability to generate shift logs, incident reports and access control logs
- Previous law enforcement, military, security or transportation industry experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience operating similar mobile equipment is considered an asset
- Available to work days & evenings
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear a Security Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Security Transportation Officer in the subject line:
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.