Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of a Security Officer. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the Security Officer is responsible for enforcing the security policy and procedures for the Corporation. This also includes the security of the employees and the physical security of the infrastructure, equipment, supplies and bullion.
Atlantic Gold Corporation Security Officers will gain the competitive wage of $18.00 per hour and be eligible for group health and financial benefits package.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Access Control Procedures
- Enforces company policies & procedures
- Performs frequent patrols of the property either by foot or vehicle
- Conducts surveillance of locations or areas
- Responds to emergency situations
- Participates in Corporate and Safety training/exercises
- Collaborates with police, medical and fire in the event of an emergency situation
- Performs other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Be computer proficient
- Pass a background check including credit, criminal record, driver’s abstract
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid First-Aid/CPR
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and multi-task is required
- Ability to generate shift logs, incident reports and access control logs
- Previous law enforcement, military or security experience is considered an asset
- Available to work days & evenings
- Available to work weekends & holidays
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-in-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Security Officer in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.