Atlantic Gold Corporation is a well-financed, growth oriented gold development group with a long-term strategy to create a mid-tier gold development group focused on manageable executable projects in mining friendly jurisdictions. The company’s management team has extensive experience in all aspects of building and operating mines.
Moose River Consolidated Project is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine currently nearing production 70 Km’s outside of the Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join our Corporate Office Finance Team based in Vancouver as a Senior Accountant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
This role reports to the Corporate Controller. As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for the management of the day to day activities of Atlantic’s accounting, tax, and treasury functions. In particular, your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial and management reporting;
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements;
- Assisting with month end and year end closing procedures;
- Assisting in the preparation for audit and quarterly reviews, act as a liaison with external auditors;
- Assisting in the preparation of annual operating budget, in addition to monthly analysis of actual vs. budget;
- Preparation of various tax filings (corporate);
- Ensure appropriate financial and process controls are in place and maintained;
- Assist with process review and improvement;
- Assist with other financial and regulatory reporting;
- Additional related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accounting or Finance Degree/Diploma in Accounting
- Completed professional accountancy program (CPA, CGA, CMA)
- 4+ years’ of relevant financial accounting and reporting experience (experience in precious metals mining is an asset)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight timelines while managing projects and priorities effectively
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Pro-active, self-motivated, solution-focused thinker
- Familiarity with external regulatory reporting requirements is desired
- Advanced Excel skills
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Senior Accountant in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.