Site Services Supervisor
Atlantic Gold Corporation continues to expand our team and we are seeking a Site Services Supervisor for our Moose River Consolidated Mine. Moose River Consolidated Mine is Atlantic Gold’s flagship mine located approximately one hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada and went into production in fall 2017. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living near a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
Reporting to the Head of Capital Projects the Site Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of the mine site outside of the production facilities. The role will have cross functional coordination responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic work environment. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensure all work undertaken on site whether by Atlantic Gold employees or vendors is done safely and in accordance with AGC safety policy
- Coordinate small projects to optimize efficiency of trades
- Project management for non-capital construction
- Tender bids for various construction and other projects
- Liaise with supply chain on issues of supplies and equipment and vendor contracts
- Ensure overall housekeeping of the mine administration areas is maintained – i.e. snow clearing, cleaning, dust suppression etc
- Coordinate with department heads for to ensure timely repairs of physical infrastructure
- Develop an annual maintenance and continuing capital budgets
- Report to senior management on project status
- Create priority project list for the year
- Provide input into a site Vendor management plan
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Track record of managing various construction projects i.e. Foundations, buildings, industrial buildings
- Be knowledgeable about warranties, and about construction and environmental requirements
- Experience in sourcing vendors for provision of services
- Contract negotiation and management
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of the business and stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline like civil, mechanical, industrial or structural preferred
- Project Management designation PMP
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Site Services Supervisor in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified