Atlantic Gold Corporation is currently assembling our Mill Operations team and are seeking Tailings Operators that will be based at the Moose River Consolidated Mine. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
Under the direction of a Shift Supervisor, the Tailings Operator is responsible for performing heavy manual labour duties to assist in the operation of our Tailings Management Facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical activities associated with this position include but are not limited to:
- Equipment Management
- Pipe laying
- Pump monitoring
- Hose installation and maintenance
- Silt fence installation
- Small equipment operation
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties to assist as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action;
- Mechanical aptitude / familiarity with pumps, hose connectors and valves;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Tailings Operator in the subject line.
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.