Atlantic Gold Corporation is operating the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking qualified persons for the role of Warehouse Foreman. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour Northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Work at one of the best new mines in North America, while living in a city regularly rated as one of the most livable in Canada.
The role of Warehouse Foreman offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our Supply Chain Team.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Supervisor, the Warehouse Foreman is responsible for participating in all aspects of warehousing management, supervising warehouse personnel, supporting operations meeting internal and external customer needs while ensuring deadlines are met.
This position assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by Atlantic Gold Corporation, including but not limited to Criminal Records check (CPIC), credit reference background check, minimum age and education (High School or earned GED).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and mitigate safety issues in promotion of safe production, safety is a core value of Atlantic Gold
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standards
- Execute Visible Felt Leadership program as required by Site Safety Plan
- Lead investigations when required for incidents on-site in accordance with Safety Department requirements
- Manage receipt of all vendor managed inventory and act as main point of contact for vendors
- Work closely with production supervisors and lead hands
- Interface with Supply Chain/Inventory Analyst to carry out all duties related to Warehousing, Inventory, Logistics and Goods Movement.
- Lead team of Warehouse Technicians to effectively manage the physical management of all goods movement at all Site locations including but not limited to the following;
- Transferring items in physical locations
- Facilitating repair and returns
- Restocking shelves
- Lead team through all physical attributes of all inventory counts as driven by SAGE developed documents and process.
- Conduct periodic audits of receiving and issuing purchasing system reports to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and correct manner by Warehouse Technicians.
- Ensure that all Warehouse Technicians have adequate training and knowledge to carry out purchasing system related tasks in conjunction with Supply Chain/Inventory Analyst
- Maintain warehouse operations to ensure; housekeeping, organization and efficiency standards are met.
- Manage all requirements relating to Site lay down and off-loading areas to ensure the safe offloading and management of all goods and shipments in these respective areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with a highlight in Excel
- Clean drivers abstract
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and multi-task is required
- Proven commitment to a health and safe working environment
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Strong knowledge and experience managing inventory functions
- ERP system sufficient knowledge and functioning of system
- Minimum 5 years experience in Supply Chain/Warehousing
- Minimum 5 years experience in a supervisor position.
- SAGE experience considered an asset
- Parts ticket considered and asset
HOW TO APPLY:
- We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Interested candidates are invited to click email@example.com and submit your resume via email siting Warehouse Foreman in the subject line:
- We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.