MRC gold mine construction remains on budget and on schedule
Plant site aerial June 2017:
Crushing area June 2017:
Primary crusher and screen installed:
Crushing circuit, screens, screen feed conveyor, control cabin, and stockpile walls:
HP 5 cone crushers:
CIL & detox tank module erection:
Ball mill drive assembly, ball mill feed chute:
CAT equipment at work:
Moose River Consolidated Gold Project Construction Update Photo Gallery
Mill shell assembled, bearing cap being installed on feed end of mill:
Acid wash column (left), elution column (center), and cyanide tanks(right):
Copper sulfate and sodium metabisulfite tanks with filling bins installed:
West pit from Moose River Mines Road:
Decant tower, located in the SW corner of the Tailings Management Facility:
- Ball mill and its components arrived February 3rd.
Grinding Building Area and CIL tanks
- CIL tanks and cyanide destruction tanks complete.
- Launders and bypass valves now installed.
- Cladding including roof panel installation complete.
- Concrete installation work completed for exterior walls and the scats bunker.
- Detailed interior back fill work is ongoing for floor slab installation.
- Structural installations completed and the 40- tonne overhead crane is installed.
- Building electrical installations commenced for lighting and crane power.
- Concrete work substantially completed.
- Lime silo base completed exterior to the building.
- Final building fit-out commenced with door installations and opening installations.
- Plant switch room foundation complete and stripped.
- Lube room foundation completed; formwork to be stripped.
- Gold room sump slab installed and final formwork for bund walls started.
- Detox bund wall formwork commenced.
- Tank steel installed for all CIL & detox tanks.
- Detailed interior and sluiceway installations commenced late in January.
- Sheeting of the mill building is complete and work has started erecting steel work around the mill.
- When the steelwork is complete the ball mill assembly will start.
Domestic Buildings - Laboratory and Administration Buildings
- Septic Field installation for the upper pad area completed and inspected by Nova Scotia Environment during January.
- Exterior sheeting completed for the Laboratory.
- Roofing completed.
- Interior framing and electrical installation commenced in Laboratory.
- Wall construction started for the Administration building.
ROM wall Installation
- Completed to underside of truck dump slab.
- Work on hold until spring for installation of truck dump slab.